|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,954
Posts342,076
Members27,641
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
kim
Newtown, CT
Posts: 4,979
Joined: September 2000
|
|
|
11 members (CaroleS, Rumlover, NumberCruncher, CanuckTravlr, Kennys, S/Y Mockingbird, knitsoftwear, calle313, 3 invisible),
531
guests, and
46
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 21
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 21 |
I know this Type of question has been asked many times, but I'm looking for an expert on the topic to let me know for sure. I am getting conflicting information.
I have booked a full crew catamaran for BVI. The brochure says the boat has a BVI commercial fishing license.
1. Does that mean the captain is allowed to catch both fish and lobster for us to eat?
2. Will my family need to get a fishing license if we wish to fish on this boat?
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,166 Likes: 1 |
1. I don't know 2. Individuals also need a license
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,999
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,999 |
Unless the captain carries a BVI passport he can't take lobster. Anyone who touches a fishing line requires a license.
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. - Mark Twain
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 7,372 Likes: 11 |
If the crew is legal to take you to the USVI you can fish there with no license and take two lobsters per day per person. G
|
|
|
|
|
|
|