Traveltalkonline.com Forums


TTOL Sponsors
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,962
Posts342,118
Members27,642
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
RonDon 24
bran 23
kim 22
erb923 21
GaKaye 21
Kennys 16
Member Spotlight
shieneehead
shieneehead
Simsbury, Connecticut
Posts: 210
Joined: September 2016
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Who's Online Now
8 members (sxmParrotfish, KenW, SANFILIP, triciatn, calle313, mahokid, 2 invisible), 554 guests, and 217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,901
Breeze Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,901
Make your own hand sanitizer, meets CDC recommendation of > 60% alcohol. SO simple.

1/3 cup aloe gel
2/3 cup isopropyl alcohol ( 99% strength)

~~~ that's the business end, add your choice of essential oil,or preferred scent product by the drop if you please.

~~~recipe easily scaled up for larger batch.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,160
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,160
Likes: 1
Thanks, seems simple enough. I haven't tried to locate aloe gel at the local store. Wonder if it is getting as scarce as the other stuff.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,278
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,278
Likes: 192
I didn't search all over, but the other day I was unable to locate aloe gel. Couldn't even find aloe based sunscreen. And the alcohol that I have is only 70% strength..


Carol Hill
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,160
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,160
Likes: 1
70% alcohol is good Carol. CDC recommends 60% as minimum. If I can't find any aloe gel, I was thinking of just putting some alcohol in an old Windex bottle, and use that until I can find some aloe.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,278
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,278
Likes: 192
OK, thanks. I haven't looked everywhere, but I couldn't find any aloe.


Carol Hill

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5