Traveltalkonline.com Forums


TTOL Sponsors
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,963
Posts342,152
Members27,646
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
GaKaye 26
RonDon 21
kim 18
bran 18
erb923 15
Kennys 14
Member Spotlight
BillDauterive
BillDauterive
Arlen, TX
Posts: 342
Joined: June 2019
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Who's Online Now
7 members (bailau, Rumlover, SXMScubaman, RickinAtlanta, Kennys, 2 invisible), 1,237 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,901
Breeze Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,901
Make your own hand sanitizer, meets CDC recommendation of > 60% alcohol. SO simple.

1/3 cup aloe gel
2/3 cup isopropyl alcohol ( 99% strength)

~~~ that's the business end, add your choice of essential oil,or preferred scent product by the drop if you please.

~~~recipe easily scaled up for larger batch.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,160
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,160
Likes: 1
Thanks, seems simple enough. I haven't tried to locate aloe gel at the local store. Wonder if it is getting as scarce as the other stuff.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,281
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,281
Likes: 192
I didn't search all over, but the other day I was unable to locate aloe gel. Couldn't even find aloe based sunscreen. And the alcohol that I have is only 70% strength..


Carol Hill
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,160
Likes: 1
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,160
Likes: 1
70% alcohol is good Carol. CDC recommends 60% as minimum. If I can't find any aloe gel, I was thinking of just putting some alcohol in an old Windex bottle, and use that until I can find some aloe.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,281
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,281
Likes: 192
OK, thanks. I haven't looked everywhere, but I couldn't find any aloe.


Carol Hill

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5