Traveltalkonline.com Forums


TTOL Sponsors
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,963
Posts342,152
Members27,646
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
GaKaye 26
RonDon 21
kim 18
bran 18
erb923 15
Kennys 14
Member Spotlight
BillDauterive
BillDauterive
Arlen, TX
Posts: 342
Joined: June 2019
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Who's Online Now
7 members (bailau, Rumlover, SXMScubaman, RickinAtlanta, Kennys, 2 invisible), 1,237 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#25040 01/26/2014 09:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will it still stop in SXM tomorrow or stay out at sea because of the virus?

Sponsors
#25041 01/26/2014 09:27 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,231
Likes: 7
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,231
Likes: 7
I assume you know that the virus is on most of the islands...all the way to Aruba

That would make for a boring cruise....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG I had no idea. We leave in 5 days.

#25043 01/26/2014 09:54 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 11,613
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 11,613
The CDC checked out the ship in St Thomas on Saturday, so I assume they will dock.


Eric Hill
TTOL Sponsors
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 11,613
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 11,613
The OP is talking about a possible norovirus on the Explorer.


Eric Hill
TTOL Sponsors
#25045 01/26/2014 10:16 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,281
Likes: 192
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,281
Likes: 192
Actually, often the cruise AFTER the ship has noro onboard is one of the safest, as they have to clean EVERYTHING.


Carol Hill
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,231
Likes: 7
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,231
Likes: 7
Oops...I did not know about that event.

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 886
Likes: 17
L
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
L
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 886
Likes: 17
I was unlucky enough to be on a Celebrity cruise in which about 100 people got sick. And they did stop at every cruise port despite that. I know that Explorer has three times more people sick.
What a bummer.....Norovirus is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

lcote #25048 01/26/2014 01:11 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,344
Likes: 98
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,344
Likes: 98
This may be a virus; however, one cruise we were on over 100 people sick. I was but hubby wasn't and we shared the same bed etc. Ship said it was norvo but I think it was bad mussels. My own survey found most of us ill became so right after dinner and all had the mussels. This happened at every seating. I think cruise lines are quick to say Norvo so they can say passengers brought it aboard instead of we served you shellfish from warmed water. Which, by the way, I read later that lots of shellfish had been taken near Thiland in waters that were too warm.

#25049 01/27/2014 09:18 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 217
J
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
J
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 217
I just saw on ABC morning news that the ship will not be docking in St. Maarten, but returning to US.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5