|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,954
Posts342,076
Members27,641
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
kim
Newtown, CT
Posts: 4,979
Joined: September 2000
|
|
|
11 members (CaroleS, Rumlover, NumberCruncher, CanuckTravlr, Kennys, S/Y Mockingbird, knitsoftwear, calle313, 3 invisible),
531
guests, and
46
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498 Likes: 5 |
Hey guys. So I am aware companies such as Island Time have been importing private yachts into the BVI for owners. Does anyone have or know where I can find official, written, government protocols on this policy?
Thanks.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 17
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 17 |
Call Chillout Charters in Nanny Cay. They're moving a boat for me into the USVI in June and then back to the BVI's in July.
They told me they'll bring it over bright and early to the designated dock space in Red Hook I have reserved, dock it, lock it up and jump onto a chase boat, I believe. No contact with anyone. Lots of paperwork on my end: insurance, COD, permission attestation, etc.
I believe they have a very specific/narrow license they've negotiated with the BVI government to do this.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 949
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 949 |
dlparch is correct.
There are several who have "permits' from BVI government to do this. I had my Sea Tiger delivered about 5-6 times in past year for use in USVI.
Looking forward to not needing to do it much longer.
Wes
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,112 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,112 Likes: 5 |
All the charter companies have experience of this. It used to be $600 a year if it was going into charter but only $200 for private use only. Suspect it'll be a bit more now!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|