Member Spotlight
pat
pat
Brookfield, CT.
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
47 registered members (WWII, Travel Talker, diver67, StMartinFan, steve74, Kathleen, RickinAtlanta, Memphré, nevar37, KirkB, SacoFrank, MrEZgoin, Alltech63, cabokid, VirginGordaResident, ColoBoater, pony600, BillDauterive, SoakInSaltwater, foreversxm, Bigdaddy, tmsxmsails, RonDon, lcote, Don_and_Linda, GeorgeC1, Kevin_B, Wahnfried, Zanshin, Matt W, Time Will Tell, camview, jagmansr, JeanneB, Fran, bkigar, YachtReprise, 10 invisible), 974 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: November 2021 cruise of (not) Lio Kai [Re: MrEZgoin] #270001
11/28/2021 04:38 PM
11/28/2021 04:38 PM
Redmond, WA
MrEZgoin Online content OP
Traveler
MrEZgoin  Online Content OP
Traveler
Redmond, WA
We spent a second night in Pirate's Bight and then decided to move back to Cooper, with the north wind returning to East. Stopped at the Indians on the way and had another great swim there. Not stellar visibility, but lots and lots of fish.

Took a reserved ball at Cooper, which was still a little gusty and rolly. I used the opportunity to have a nice downwind paddle from Quart a Nancy to Cistern Rock, where there was enough chop and wind to catch several bumps, and then return closer to shore where there was more shelter. Really a lot of fun, and about the only place where I can do this without a shuttle.

We made an early dinner reservation at CIBC... my wife had the grilled wahoo and I had the chicken tikka masala, both were very good. We tried a few rums at the rum bar... the Panamanian one with a Z (something like Zafaro?) was great, and I tried a jalapeno infused rum because I love jalapeno.... but not so much.

Though the evening was still a little rough, it became very calm overnight and there was no rain so we slept very comfortably with the boat open and no noise from the AC.

This morning was quite calm and we dinghied over to the Rhone rather than moving the boat which worked out very well. We had not dived there for quite a while. The current was light and again not stellar viz but really nice at the bow section and rocks at the point. I was sorely tempted to do the propeller swim through, but I knew my wife would not approve and I'm trying to be more considerate of that. On the way back we went in the water again at Cistern Rock, which was much better this time because the north setting current allowed us to go out to the ridge to the south of the rock where the best coral is.

With our return approaching, we completed our Binax proctored tests. All worked well, but I did find it kind of stressful anticipating how some kind of computer or connection problem could throw the process into chaos. Be aware that the proctor wants you to point the camera that he can see you and the test material on a flat surface. That can be a challenge depending on the equipment at hand. You kind of need both hands free to conduct the test. Tomorrow we'll do the USVI travel portal.

M4000 "Lio Kai"
BVI Sponsors
Re: November 2021 cruise of (not) Lio Kai [Re: MrEZgoin] #270009
11/28/2021 07:23 PM
11/28/2021 07:23 PM
Redmond, WA
Traveler
Traveler
Redmond, WA
Trying to wring out the most out of these last few days of what has been a great trip, after dinner aboard I paddled from the mooring field at Cooper out and back over the shallows between Cistern Rock and Cistern Point past Haulover Bay to Red Bluff point. Timed it so I would return at sunset - what a perfect little outing! The low sun on the cliffs and reflecting off the opaque water was absolutely stunning. Views of Black Bluffs and Virgin Gorda over the saddle at Haulover. I feel so incredibly fortunate to be here.

M4000 "Lio Kai"
Re: November 2021 cruise of (not) Lio Kai [Re: MrEZgoin] #270010
11/28/2021 08:53 PM
11/28/2021 08:53 PM
Park City, Utah
ericlut Offline
Traveler
ericlut  Offline
Traveler
Park City, Utah
Thanks for the ongoing log. It's been great to follow your trip and look forward to ours next spring!

Re: November 2021 cruise of (not) Lio Kai [Re: MrEZgoin] #270159
11/30/2021 07:55 PM
11/30/2021 07:55 PM
Redmond, WA
Traveler
Traveler
Redmond, WA
Here we are finally back at the base. Early ferry tomorrow and if all goes well we'll be back in Seattle late tomorrow.

We weren't really sure how 4 weeks would feel, or if it would just be too much. Overall, it was great and both of us felt that we were still sad to be going home. The weather is absolutely perfect and we are so going to miss the green islands, warm breezes and incomparable water.

I found that there are some adjustments to be made on a longer trip... you just can't have the same pace of constant activities, eating and drinking for that long. We spent much more time just hanging out on the boat, reading and relaxing. We learned to play cribbage and played a few games every evening. Listened to books on tape together.

We have been married 33 years and have been a couple for about 40, so I'm really gratified that we are able to spend so much uninterrupted time together in close quarters without getting on each other's nerves.

We have 3 weeks booked in April and are looking forward to it.

M4000 "Lio Kai"
Re: November 2021 cruise of (not) Lio Kai [Re: MrEZgoin] #270200
12/01/2021 09:28 AM
12/01/2021 09:28 AM
Southeast of Disorder
Time Will Tell Online content
Traveler
Time Will Tell  Online Content
Traveler
Southeast of Disorder
Originally Posted by MrEZgoin

We have been married 33 years and have been a couple for about 40, so I'm really gratified that we are able to spend so much uninterrupted time together in close quarters without getting on each other's nerves.

We have 3 weeks booked in April and are looking forward to it.

Yep - 4 weeks on a boat is certainly a good stress test for a relationship - regardless of how long it has existed! Glad you guys were successful, and looking forward to the spring with 3 weeks slated.

Keep Smiling!!!

Peter
s/y Time Will Tell (2019 Lagoon 42)
peter@syTimeWillTell.com

Re: November 2021 cruise of (not) Lio Kai [Re: MrEZgoin] #270203
12/01/2021 09:34 AM
12/01/2021 09:34 AM
M
MIDiver Offline
Traveler
MIDiver  Offline
Traveler
M
Thanks for the great reports EZ. Kudos to you both - I think I may have had to have a few nights in a tent at ABC by myself - just kidding.

Page 2 of 2 1 2