Traveltalkonline.com Forums

. >


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,066
Members27,640
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 31
RonDon 28
mahokid 27
erb923 25
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
doctorj
doctorj
Maine USA
Posts: 542
Joined: November 2001
Today's Birthdays
MassExodus, mayhem
Who's Online Now
7 members (BillDauterive, amsterdam360, Manpot, Jewelry Girl, 3 invisible), 463 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#306310 09/18/2023 06:34 PM
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 251
ScurvyD Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 251
Hello my friends. My wife and I are going to San Juan this Feb. We really love small boutique hotels on or very near the beach. Walking distance to bars and restaurants is great. We are looking at Acacia Boutique Hotel. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any suggestions on other hotels that are similar? Thanks for your time.


I'd like to be a jelly fish, cause jelly fish don't pay rent.
BVI Sponsors
.
ScurvyD #306473 09/22/2023 08:08 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 5,855
Likes: 24
Traveler
Online Content
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 5,855
Likes: 24
We stayed in the area years ago i.e El San Juan , Condodo and Embassy Suites and was great .

ScurvyD #306545 09/25/2023 09:38 AM
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 2
E
Member
Offline
Member
E
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 2
I wish you the best trip!

ScurvyD #342133 01/05/2026 11:29 PM
Joined: Dec 2025
Posts: 5
I
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
I
Joined: Dec 2025
Posts: 5
You’re going to love San Juan in February, the weather’s perfect and there’s always something happening. I’ve stayed at Acacia Boutique before! Super charming vibe, definitely has that intimate feel, and it's just steps from the beach. The rooms are on the smaller side, but the location makes up for it. You’re also walking distance to some great bars and restaurants around Condado and Ocean Park.

If you're open to other options, check out The Dreamcatcher, it’s also in Ocean Park and leans a little more boho-chic, with great breakfast and a really peaceful vibe.

And since you're clearly into food (respect), San Juan is one of my picks for the best caribbean island for foodies. From street food to fine dining, the local scene is so underrated.

Hope you and your wife have an amazing trip, sounds like the perfect escape!

ScurvyD #342218 01/08/2026 01:35 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
C
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
C
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 910
Likes: 4
While its not on the beach, we love the El Convento in OSJ. Walkable to many great restaurants. The hotel offers a beach club transfer to a sister property but we never toke advantage of that because our SJ stops were always on the way to VI vacations.

ScurvyD #342593 01/16/2026 11:43 AM
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238
Likes: 10
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 238
Likes: 10
I stayed recently at the Dreamcatcher - grabbed a last minute deal the day of. Funky/unique rooms, I had a great stay. Walkable to places to eat and the beach. I've also stayed at the Condado Vanderbilt. Not a boutique, but also doesn't feel like a large chain. Great breakfast buffet and pool.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5