|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,066
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 2,533
Joined: July 2011
|
|
|
4 members (xraylady, charlie, 2 invisible),
390
guests, and
63
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 152
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 152 |
We traveled the first week in November to the bvi and the mosquitos were horrific. Is it always like that during that time or was that exception. We have always traveled there during that time and never experienced it that bad.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 594 Likes: 2 |
We were there last November and the mossies were pretty bad. That was the first time in the last 20 years of so of vacationing in the BVI that I recall them being bad. I think it really depends on the weather....lots of rain = mossies. However, if you are lucky enough to be on a boat its almost always easy enough to find an anchorage with a nice breeze.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959 Likes: 9
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 959 Likes: 9 |
You kind of answered your own question in your last sentence :-)
We usually go several weeks in November and I don't remember the mosquitos being much more numerous than at other times.
M4200 MANTA
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498 Likes: 5
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498 Likes: 5 |
I'll tell you what - the mossies sure are bad right now!!!! Lack of wind and tons of rain the last few weeks...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 845 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 845 Likes: 2 |
We were on Anegada the 3rd week of November last year and they were really bad. The worst I have seen in the many years we have gone.
Go Irish!!
Bill
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 789 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 789 Likes: 2 |
We were in the BVI the first 2 weeks of November 2023. Worst I've seen the mosquitoes there. That said, we were only bothered by them 2 nights when there was no wind in the anchorages. (Anegada and NS) We're heading back again this November and hoping for the best.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 17,514 Likes: 78 |
I am back in tw weeks and told M ozzies cant fly in anything over 5 mph of wind..I guess I'll be keeping my fans at high speed!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|