Forums39
Topics41,951
Posts342,011
Members27,640
Most Online5,009Jul 27th, 2026
Posts:
845
Joined: September 2006
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 282
Likes: 1
Traveler
OP
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 282
Likes: 1
What happened to the search option? I was looking for an older post. Anita
.
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
We did an 'upgrade' to the board a week or so ago, and it broke it. Hoping they will be able to get it repaired one of these days. Sorry.
Carol Hill
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 249
Likes: 10
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 249
Likes: 10
We did an 'upgrade' to the board a week or so ago, and it broke it. Hoping they will be able to get it repaired one of these days. Sorry.
It's not broken. There is a little magnifying glass in the upper right corner. That's the search button.
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Where?? The upper right hand corner of where? I don't see it. Edit--apparently it must show up on some browsers, but it does NOT show up on Edge or Chrome. Eric will have to do some more checking when he gets time.
Last edited by Carol_Hill; 10/22/2024 03:47 PM .
Carol Hill
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 109
Likes: 5
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 109
Likes: 5
I am using Edge, and I see the magnifying glass (search function). It's located in the upper right corner, as duckfat says, just underneath your User Name.
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 249
Likes: 10
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 249
Likes: 10
See attached image. It is there on Edge, Chrome, and Firefox
Attached Images
Last edited by duckfat; 10/22/2024 04:23 PM .
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
All I can say is that it is NOT there on Edge, on either my laptop or my desktop.
Carol Hill
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 709
Likes: 2
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 709
Likes: 2
I thought I was going crazy the other day when I was looking to search a topic. I don't have the magnifying glass in Chrome on a Mac. Sue
Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 42
[/url]
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534
Likes: 6
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,534
Likes: 6
I have the search in Chrome....maybe go to tools and clear your cache and cookies by "deleting browsing history" and see if that works
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,493
Likes: 5
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,493
Likes: 5
It's there for me in Firefox on Windows. Dan
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3
Not there for me on edge latest version. Edit: Cleared cookies and still no search button.
Attached Images
Last edited by Daniel; 10/23/2024 01:39 AM .
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,922
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 1,922
Carol, I use EDGE and it's there on mine.
[color:"red"]
FRAN [/color] "Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late"
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 294
Likes: 2
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 294
Likes: 2
Not working on Safari on my IMac.
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Eric just changed some stuff, so it is showing up on Edge now. Please check and see whether it is working for you guys.
Carol Hill
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,917
Likes: 27
It is there on Safari in my iPhone.
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 86,272
Likes: 192
Carol Hill
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 709
Likes: 2
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 709
Likes: 2
Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 42
[/url]
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 498
Likes: 5
I had no idea that was the search function! Good to know. One thing that has happened to me (using Chrome) is that the return to forum function in the bottom left corner when in a thread appears to be gone.
Attached Images
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 282
Likes: 1
Traveler
OP
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 282
Likes: 1
Thank you. It's working. Anita
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 930
Likes: 2
It showed up in Chrome along with the message envelope that I think was missing as well. Thanks Eric!
Last edited by louismcc; 10/23/2024 10:45 AM .
Louis from Houston
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 11,613
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 11,613
The return function at the bottom left wide was a hack of the software that i did. At the moment you can use the up arrow on the right side to get back to the top. Have a couple of other things that are not working the way they should that I want to see about first, then will take a look at the software hack again.
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Likes: 2
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 382
Likes: 2
It's working for me now in Safari on a Mac. Thank you for also enabling https. Now my password manager trusts the site and will offer my password when logging in which it didn't used to do when the site was insecure.
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 958
Likes: 9
Traveler
Traveler
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 958
Likes: 9
Thanks! I'm on edge and it just showed up.
M4200 MANTA