Traveltalkonline.com Forums

. >


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,073
Members27,641
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 30
RonDon 28
mahokid 25
erb923 24
GaKaye 20
kim 18
Member Spotlight
FRANKIE2
FRANKIE2
S/V Event Horizon
Posts: 391
Joined: January 2007
Today's Birthdays
gaynorsxm, gwclou, stoneyusaf, voyager, Wahnfried
Who's Online Now
12 members (caribmichael, Rover, Rumlover, lovemysxm, Fletch, Colour1, 6 invisible), 518 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#336308 06/26/2025 06:37 PM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 201
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 201
Do I need to rent a car in St. John? I’m trying not to drive if I don’t have to. How affordable are taxis? I’ll be near Contant and Monte at a VRBO. It is supposed to be a 3 minute walk to Great Cruz bay? If I do need to rent one which would be best?

BVI Sponsors
.
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,571
Likes: 12
B
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
B
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,571
Likes: 12
If your VRBO is on Contant or near the Westin, I’m sure it’s more than 3 minutes and it wouldn’t be a fun walk especially every day. You could try to google map and drop to the street view and advance to Cruz Bay, you’ll get a feel for that walk.

We have used several rentals over the decades, I like STJ Car Rental, they offer after hour parking if available and it’s next to The Beach Bar. Slim Man’s is close to there also in front of the Wharf. There’s one I used a few times by Customs called Cool Breeze, not sure who is still in business?

Good luck planning!

1 member likes this: poohbear
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,457
Likes: 2
Highly recommend renting a car so you have the freedom to go to all the beaches, even if for part of the time. We just booked with Sunshine and they too offer free parking which is important as it is pretty hard to find a spot in cruz bay.


Toast.......to Life; White Bay...heaven on earth.
Diane
1 member likes this: poohbear
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 709
Likes: 2
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 709
Likes: 2
Just FYI, being walking distance to Great Cruz bay does not mean walking distance to Cruz Bay, where a lot of the restaurants, bars and shops are. Great Cruz Bay is where the Westin is so you will be able to get a taxi easily but it is not what I would consider walking distance to Cruz Bay. It is actually the 2nd bay to the south of Cruz Bay. I agree with others to rent a car so you can see the whole island. Good recommendations from others to rent one that has parking in Cruz Bay because parking can be tricky.

Last edited by caribbeangirl13; 06/27/2025 02:30 PM.

Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 42

[Linked Image][/url]
1 member likes this: poohbear

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5