Traveltalkonline.com Forums

. >


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics41,963
Posts342,154
Members27,646
Most Online5,009
Jul 27th, 2026
Top Posters(30 Days)
GaKaye 26
RonDon 21
kim 18
bran 18
erb923 15
Kennys 14
Member Spotlight
Jim_Laraine
Jim_Laraine
Maryland
Posts: 520
Joined: January 2006
Today's Birthdays
tag2some
Who's Online Now
4 members (Nena, calle313, Rumlover, 1 invisible), 562 guests, and 152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#73355 10/31/2015 08:49 PM
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 296
BobA Offline OP
Traveler
OP Offline
Traveler
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 296
Last January I rented a compact 4dr car and once we went over to St. J, and some turns and hills were a bit much for the little car, requiring backing down the hill to get a 2nd try at it with more spead.

This year I have a jeep patriot for the trip. Which makes me a bit more adventure some. I've heard the roads across the ridge to Salt Pond are a bit rougher and narrower than the nicer road going from the park headquarters to the beach by Watermellon.

I could use some comments on just how bad the roads get, and the time needed to get from the ferry dock-across the island and back again. Yes, I know the distances are short but the roads require more time.

Thoughts?

BVI Sponsors
.
BobA #73356 11/01/2015 11:14 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 80
T
Traveler
Offline
Traveler
T
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 80
I drove a small suzuki sidekick (or samurai or some other small "jeep", can't remember which) all over the island more than a few times. The jeep will be A-OK.

It's a pretty good haul across the island. I'd say around ~45mins, one way.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5