We are sailing 4 July to 12 July in the BVI (flying to STT and ferrying over) and one of our crew has a U. S. Passport with an expiration date of 14 September. I know done countries require 6 months of buffer before expiration. Internet searches say that the BVI does NOT have this requirement.
Can any of you regulars confirm this? Should she me rushing to get it renewed now or will she be OK?
I don't personally have experience but back when my husbands passport was less than 6 months to expiration, our rental agent told us not to risk it. We got it renewed.
Yeah, it's May now. Plenty of time to get it renewed before the trip. Unless the person knows this is the last time they will ever use their passport, I don't see why you wouldn't just renew it and have one less possible thing to cause an issue.