TravelTalkOnline

Day 14

Posted By: dolfer

Day 14 - 05/08/2021 02:09 PM

Sadly our last full day. Nothing major to report except dinner.

We were looking for something different and after much debate we decided on Avantika. What a great last night dinner. We sat outside and really loved the setting.

Started with fried spring rolls. Absolutely scrumptious. And not too much, saving room for dinner. Also started with mojitos. My first ever. I'm not much for mint but now I think I've found a new summer drink. Dinner for me was the Jungle Curry with shrimp. I ordered it medium hot and it was that and more. Loved it. Lots of shrimp and fresh veggies. My wife had Thai Basil with roasted duck. She loved it and we agreed this was the best meal of the trip. Great ambience, a delightful server, Gee. Oh and tiramiso was delightful too.

Home to pack for the trip home.
Posted By: Dutchman

Re: Day 14 - 05/08/2021 02:25 PM

Thanks for your reports and safe travels.
Posted By: pat

Re: Day 14 - 05/08/2021 02:41 PM

Safe travels, Mitch. Thank you for helping keep the dream alive and I wish we’d been able to meet up. Maybe next trip?
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Day 14 - 05/08/2021 05:01 PM

No more reports---:(

Have a great last day--and a comfortable flight back!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Day 14 - 05/08/2021 05:29 PM

Sounds great! We've never eaten there. Maybe we will get the chance to try it next trip. I make mojitos at home and they really are a great summer drink. I loathe sweet sticky drinks like a pina colada, but I can seriously do a mojito on the beach!!! toast

Safe travels home!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Day 14 - 05/08/2021 11:16 PM

Thank you for all your great reports. Sounds as though you had a wonderful vacation, and I enjoyed coming along. I will be there shortly. Safe travels home.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Day 14 - 05/09/2021 12:27 AM

Good to hear about the good Duck , because we went there in the beginning and the basic Chicken sucked . Will think about it no hard feelings but we live on the Island , hence when we go out to dinner its not just about putting food in belly but good food . Lol .Safe trip and and stay safe . Bless. Still looking at our Daughter's wedding in Toronto for September .
Posted By: EdB

Re: Day 14 - 05/10/2021 03:14 AM

i just don't get it. I had the duck at Avantika, and did NOT enjoy it at all. Not even sure it was duck, since it all was shredded small pieces. I LOVE duck at Thai restaurants around here, and usually have it at least every two weeks. I know most people LOVE avantika, but we both decided it was our first and LAST time dining there. Just way to many other places, and not enough time to take them all in. Even when i mentioned to the server that it was overspiced, and not to good, she never even made an attempt to make it right. Hey, one bad experience out of 21 days was not a downer for sure. smile
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Day 14 - 05/10/2021 10:37 AM

my wife and other guest couple really enjoy Aventika. Me not so much but loose to the majority. Have to agree on the duck. It wasn't the way I pictured or cooked the way duck should be for me.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline