TravelTalkOnline

An unusual sight!

Posted By: maytrix

An unusual sight! - 08/12/2015 11:38 PM

Beerman spotted this guy swimming from Waterlemon Cay back to St. John. It looked like he was tired though as he tried to climb up on our dinghy. After a few pictures, we took him to shore. He thanked us and went on his way..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TomB

Re: An unusual sight! - 08/12/2015 11:51 PM

Semper Paratus!

Beerman is unofficially given a Life Savings Medal. This award is not recognized by any department of the US Government, but does allow for his crewmembers to procure for him no more than 5 Presidente Beers at a single sitting for his efforts. These beers are in recognition for his keen eye sight and to say thank you from all the reptiles in the world.

Beerman – Well Done! Bravo Zulu!

BTW - Late tonight/early morning you will be treated to a meteor shower for your efforts! It is a big one!
Posted By: BigGreenFan

Re: An unusual sight! - 08/13/2015 11:32 AM

I hope he offered you a big discount on your insurance!
Posted By: Annoddddd

Re: An unusual sight! - 08/14/2015 02:00 AM

Such a cute little guy. Glad you could save his life. He would have been swimming a long long time.
Posted By: Pvgreg

Re: An unusual sight! - 08/14/2015 11:10 PM

Good one BigGreenFan!!! Surprised he didn't grab the tiller and head towards his little sailboat.
Posted By: LianeLeTendre

Re: An unusual sight! - 08/17/2015 03:26 AM

Aw ... a baby green iguana! I just love iguanas and that baby couldn't be more than a few weeks old.

Green iguanas are great swimmers and actually love the water. What a cute little guy. So cool. Been here more than 20 years and have never seen one out in the water. Very cool.
Posted By: casailor53

Re: An unusual sight! - 08/17/2015 11:21 AM

LianeLeTendre said:
Been here more than 20 years and have never seen one out in the water. Very cool.

I've seen them jump in when startled, but where I've seen it the most is where there are mangroves.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline