Member Spotlight
scott1269
scott1269
Dover, NH
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
39 registered members (lbksxm, davidandsusannj, lcote, jbutah, onlymedication, SXMScubaman, pl3, bobsob, taraavo, BarbiedollRalph, Fletch, jrw, marybeth, hokiesailor, George1234, Chargergirl, bailau, GeorgeC1, GaryB, JeanneB, BarbyandLeo, socamon, Husker, Toni, Rbailey, Time Will Tell, dfmsml, eightzerobits, 11 invisible), 1,287 guests, and 80 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
18 seconds ago
I haven't actually looked at Walker's approach instructions in years, but they should still be good. The basics are to head due N out of North Sound, the current will set you slightly to the west. The trick is to not end up too far E as you approach the entry. If you've done the approach before you'll remember and be fine. Approach the waypoint/entry to the channel from the S or SW and follow the channel in. You would really only need to worry about following the approach if the channel markers were all blown away by a storm or something like that. In normal times and typical passage conditions, it's pretty straightforward.

It's not a difficult navigational challenge at this point. If you're on a Moorings boat, there should be a guide book on board and that's got all the info you need to safely get into the anchorage at Setting Point.
17 728 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 minutes ago
This island crime is getting to be like back home.😠
13 1,000 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
14 minutes ago
We've had wifi this morning and still do. Depends on the provider.
25 1,320 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
15 minutes ago
Up the hill at the round-a-bout from Mark's Place, as if you were going to Emilio's.
13 1,000 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
17 minutes ago
Phil--ok thanks
13 1,000 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
24 minutes ago
Carol,
It is a district in the north central part of the Dutch side. If you are driving from Maho or Simpson Bay towards Philipsburg, you would take the north exit in the traffic circle by the Carrefour (Cay Hill) . It is up in between the hills. Does that help?

Drphilsxm
13 1,000 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
33 minutes ago
Chuck--thanks for posting the links.
12 1,557 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
38 minutes ago
Phil--thanks. I'm not sure I know where that is.

Zanshin--did you ever find out if it was your friend who was killed? I understand that it happened in Sandy Ground. Someplace to avoid, day or night.
13 1,000 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
45 minutes ago
Carol,
It took place in Saint Peter’s where she lives not at the Driftwood.
They took her car. She was unharmed and OK physically.
I was talking with her a short time ago.

Drphilsxm
13 1,000 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
58 minutes ago
Tim--do you know where this occurred? Glad she is ok.
13 1,000 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
59 minutes ago
Phil--ok, thanks for the correction, and for the additional (unwelcome) information. Doesn't seem like a good time for us to be heading down island..

I assume the electric is back on?

Linda--I forgot about Bruno, but he is on the French side and they often have different rules.
25 1,320 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Another issue yesterday and this morning is with Telem the Internet and phone company on the island. Their whole system is down so no Wi-Fi or phone service at this time.

Drphilsxm
25 1,320 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Heard yesterday that Ana from the Driftwood was mugged the other day. She’s ok. Working yesterday.
13 1,000 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
I recommend Dean Wheatley for a vehicle on Anegada. dwjeep@hotmail.com or WhatsApp 284-545-0118

As was said earlier, Flash of Beauty is the snorkeling spot. Monica makes a really good roti there and her Bushwhackers are amazing. Also check out a couple of places not mentioned above. Tipsy's and Sid's. Tipsy's is a very fun place and will be loaded with action. Sid's is a fantastic dinner spot.

Enjoy your trip!
22 900 Read More
British Virgin Islands
3 hours ago

We stayed on VG and did a snorkeling excursion w Dive BVI ( I am pretty sure that was who it was) to Anegada. Some of the people on the boat did the snorkel tour and some were just passengers going to Anegada. That may be an option to get to Anegada and then take a ferry back to Tortola.
5 285 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
3 hours ago
Here are links for Haulover Haulover Beach More Haulover
Note that the link for Hotels in the first site takes you to downtown Miami which is quite a distance from Haulover. You have to scroll up a ways to get to Haulover and the Sunny Isles area,
12 1,557 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
Just a point of interest, these exact solar panels were replacements for the original solar panels that were destroyed by Irma in 2017. I'm aware that solar panels do relatively well in hurricanes, but Irma wasn't your typical hurricane.
25 1,320 Read More
British Virgin Islands
12 hours ago
Great Tip! Thanks. We are trying to knock out all our vehicle rentals out the way, we will be there next week!!
22 900 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12 hours ago
Carol,
there are lots of solar panels in SXM. I can walk up the street past Mullet Bay clinic by the New Pickleball courts, and there is a solar panel farm of at least 20 large commercial solar panels.

Drphilsxm
25 1,320 Read More
British Virgin Islands
12 hours ago
You cannot dinghy from the anchorage around the entire island to Cow Wreck beach on the north shore. Do Cow Wreck on Day 1 when you have the rental truck. There is a free shuttle from Lobster Trap restaurant in anchorage to the Anegada Beach Club on North Shore that you can use Day 2
22 900 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
13 hours ago
I thought that's what Bruno was selling now???
25 1,320 Read More
British Virgin Islands
13 hours ago
Question about Anegada. Day one we will get a truck and do some beaches. Day 2 we have a tour for half a day. Can we use the dinghy to get to cow wreck beach or will we need a vehicle for both days.
22 900 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
JD--I could be wrong, often am, but I thought there was some regulation in SXM against having solar panels?? Regardless, actually there are tons and tons of solar panels in Florida, which has been known to have a couple of hurricanes. My limited understanding of them is that they really aren't that risky of blowing away in hurricanes, BUT they do cause issues with leaks in the roof, if not property installed.
25 1,320 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Food shouldn't go bad in Vermont in the winter for lack of refrigeration, but whatever.
25 1,320 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Another news outlet reporting the incident at Gebe Electric Company.
https://smn-news.com/index.php/st-m...ine-9-caught-fire-on-sunday-morning.html

For the 33 years we owned a villa in St. Maarten there have always been power outages. We live in Vermont and the power goes out a dozen times a year. The winter is the worst with no heat and electric, the refrigerator filled with food going bad.
Get used to it folks, it is only the beginning.
25 1,320 Read More
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12