Member Spotlight
DannynGinger
DannynGinger
Tennessee
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
BerneandGary, sxmdoc
Who's Online Now
34 registered members (VirginGordaResident, Sqdeese, MKGrey, Todd, ChiTownHarry, Sandsailsun, RatmansWife, Whale Tail, JohnW, dfmsml, magpie, WLE, GeorgeC1, RickinAtlanta, ndfaninnc, Kennys, Todd_Melinda_K, MamaB, SXMScubaman, cbinparadise, Matt W, Rema, MrEZgoin, bkigar, 10 invisible), 1,260 guests, and 84 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
4 minutes ago
Is it on this forum?
2 48 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 minutes ago

VG does indeed have a clinic in Spanish Town, and I would say it is nicer than you might expect. I see Dr. Obi there myself.

I certainly would prefer to not deal with critical issues there, but for things like your situation I suspect it to be more than sufficient
10 172 Read More
British Virgin Islands
15 minutes ago
Not liking this update ! Flood worry back on .
0 5 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
23 minutes ago

And I haven't been able to duplicate the flavor at home after numerous attempts.
10 725 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
52 minutes ago
Thanks for the pictures.
1 100 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Mark's prices are still probably the best on the island!! The food there has always been consistently delicious and decent service, as long as you don't want a ''fast'' meal. In all the years of going to Mark's, have never felt a ''price increase''. Still for under twenty bucks for most things, it is the best deal in town.
7 389 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
IMHO, It's a shame to see the property in such ruins! Hopefully one of the big hotel chains will buy it and bring it back to its glory days!!! But isn't the beach public property no matter who buys the land??? It's one of our favorite beaches!!!
YEAH and start over with that "Cow pasture" of a golf course!!!
23 906 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
Carol, the two pics are after Papagayo was demolished. Here are pics from before it was flattened.
Added a third picture of the beach chalet from before it was removed.
22 3,005 Read More
British Virgin Islands
12 hours ago
That’s gonna happen😂
11 737 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
15 hours ago
WOW, so Ive yet to make it here but will be hitting the Montreal Location in a week! Has anyone here been to both Revil Matin SXM and MTL?!
0 195 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
onlymedication--have no idea how long it takes to drive from JAX, but you should check it out. Straight shot down 95?? Dunno. Check it out.

And flying in and out on a weekend is a whole different situation than on a Tuesday.
30 1,427 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
I am back in tw weeks and told M ozzies cant fly in anything over 5 mph of wind..I guess I'll be keeping my fans at high speed!
6 251 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:15 PM
Hi Canuxx I too am keeping an eye on Westjet Flights - non stop from Toronto. They have really gone up this year. Someone mentioned that prices may drop a bit in june or july? Its a crap shoot...we already have our accomodations booked for Jan 2025 so may have to bite the bullett
9 886 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 02:49 PM
Finally made it over to Ikigai at Biras last night for the first time.

The experience was.... all right. We went for the terrace menu rather than the Omakase and while everything we got food wise was very good, it was incrediblyyyyyy expensive (even for the BVI)

$38 for a Spicy Tuna Roll (8 pieces, 7.3/10 rating) and $38 for a Panko Prawn Role (8 pieces, 8.1/10 rating).

The setting is small, but is nicely appointed and has a beautiful sunset view looking back over the Biras dock and the North Sound. With that being said, while you are in a nicely appointed area, immediately when you walk outside of this space, the rest of Biras is still an abandoned and hurricane damaged resort which gave it a bit of an odd feel.

Service from the wait staff left a lot to be desired, and the mosquitos were brutal.

And as a note, a friend did say the 12 course, $200/head Omakase experience was incredible. So I am sure I will go try that some point for a special occassion. With drinks and tip, they spent $650 as a couple for this experience.

For the Omakase the full group sits at the bar and the food is prepared in front of you. The terrace menu consists of couches (no tables) just outside the Omakase bar.

When I do go back for the Omakase experience, I will definitely go with a small group (4 max). Due to the layout of the bar a group any larger than that will result in you just not being able to talk to the rest of the group during dinner.

Overall, not rushing to go back for the terrace menu. On a windy night when the mossies calm down I would definitely go back for sunset cocktails. And for my next big celebration (birthday or similar) I will consider giving the Omakase a shot.
28 4,609 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/19/2024 10:00 PM
Caesar salad seems like a safe choice and many times the food served at a restaurant may not be the cause of the sickness but actually the glassware could be the reason. https://www.servsafe.com/ServSafe-Blog/January-2019/Going-Straw-free-Review-these-Glassware-Cleaning
53 4,086 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/19/2024 06:59 PM
Martini,
Agree to either have your Dr. or use such a service and get some what/if questions answered on when to take what antibiotics AND WHEN NOT. Hunting down antibiotics around the world can be easier and or more difficult but the delay in treating something simple can ruin the trip.
25 2,084 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/19/2024 04:45 PM

Yes, that's why we chose it. I checked with the host prior to booking to make sure it was private enough for au naturale use.
7 1,082 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
05/19/2024 03:07 PM
Couples San Souci in Jamaica
7 660 Read More
General Caribbean
05/19/2024 12:44 PM
Link

Honestly, I don't understand how this happens, for the FIFTH time this year. This story has been in news so many times so far this year and yet it keeps happening. People are so lax with their ammunition, that they just put it wherever and don't keep track of it? And despite the news stories, they don't doublecheck their bags?
0 96 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/19/2024 12:31 PM
I had never seen the islands so clearly, as this past April.
I couldn't capture a picture.
I never knew how big they were. The clearest day after 2 weeks of clouds, and dust!
11 1,457 Read More
British Virgin Islands
05/19/2024 12:11 PM
OK, this one isn't about the original topic anymore, so will close it here.
28 2,154 Read More
British Virgin Islands
05/19/2024 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by FLJim
Flash of Beauty is horrible. Never enough patrons for a good party. No loud music to dance to. The food is cooked to order, so you have to wait for it. (You can order in advance for a set time, but then you have to keep track of time!). The honor system for drinks is practically an invitation to sin. The reefs at water's edge leave no room for the wading drinkers. The deep canyons have lots of large scary fish. The long walks on the beach are too lonely. I could go on...

Ok now that’s funny ! Love love your style my friend smile
14 1,235 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/19/2024 11:38 AM
Beautiful pictures! Just booked flights for January 2025... we're already ready!
8 852 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/18/2024 09:13 PM
Hard rain from 4 to 5 today. Now sun is out.
7 881 Read More
British Virgin Islands
05/18/2024 09:10 PM
I would estimate based on our recent charter that about 60%+ of the boats out there are transmitting an AIS signal. Still need to keep your eyes out, but it’s really becoming “easy button” sailing.
7 403 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3