Member Spotlight
Fran
Fran
NC
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Kristi
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (GeorgeC1, MrEZgoin, xrayman67, Jeannius), 508 guests, and 123 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Medjet is similar to TTOL Sponsor Skymed for evacuations only, subject to certain Ts & Cs. I travel extensively in the US, Canada, and the Caribbean. For me personally, Medjet has been my preferred choice for years. For others, Skymed might work better.
11 716 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
New expansion team. The Washington Jackasses
7 384 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
I have SCD put tanks on a Moorings boat every time I go. Go to their website and fill out the dive rental form. They have one just for the Moorings. They will bring the tanks right to the boat. They will want a dive card.
G

https://www.sailcaribbeandivers.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Moorings-Rental-form-2023.pdf
5 183 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Yes, the quality of dirt roads that are graded are very much a factor of how recently they were graded.
5 279 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:06 PM
talked to Nina a few days ago and said all working
1 118 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:35 PM
We spent our last night out at Cooper, and while it wasn't the calmest night, neither of us is much bothered by the bouncing around. We were on an outside mid-field ball which was probably a bit rougher, but we didn't spin around.

I chose Cooper over Norman (which would have been calmer), because instead of a bash to windward we had an easy beam reach back to Road Town.

An M5000 (Sea Sprite) took a mooring near us and tied up with a single line through the pendant eye fastened to the crossbeam cleats.
I try to avoid involving myself, but ended up dinghying up to them and after apologizing for the intrusion and asking if they were the owners of the boat, I said I wanted to make sure they knew that this was not an adequate tie-up.

They did (kind of) correct the situation, but saw the boat back at the base yesterday, so I have to assume that they tied up in that manner for all but the last night of the trip. :-(
3 190 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
Yes. Forgot abbot how that all comes and goes there. People might be the least of the danger.
15 670 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:55 PM
One silver lining(s) to combat the restaurant prices are the "modern galley changes" on the boat. 'I remember the old days" when the fridge/freezer (ice box) was just a ball of ice forming around piece of metal in the freezer/ice box. Turned it on for an hour at a time > keep your frozen items down deep in the freezer (didn't work) and your "keep refrigerated food" toward the top of the freezer (didn't work). Oh yeah, and your meat thawed > blood everywhere in the bottom of the ice box.

These days > AC temp controlled galley, microwave, real propane stove, real fridge-freezer and a modern grocery store at which to shop.

One of the crew brought a blender and Daiquiri mix > threw the finished produce in a small ice chest > went to the beach and made friends everywhere.
11 678 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:22 PM
While searching online I did find a ,medical equipment business on the French side near Hope Estate, However, I could not find it a 2nd time.
7 629 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:14 PM
I have a staghorn stone in one kidney which caused the kidney to atrophy. This led to a series of UTI infections. I have found that a daily capsule of cranberry powder prevents UTI infections. A substance in the cranberry coats the bacteria and it is excreted in urine. Been several years without a UTI.
13 1,588 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 02:21 PM
Yep - that's true in Cruz Bay as well - don't ask how I know....!

You're still in Paradise....
2 209 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:16 PM
It used to be called Le Ti Coin Creole. I don't know if he'll keep the name or not, as he may have lost rights to it.
12 944 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:40 PM
They went to Calmos Cafe in a previous episode.
9 1,361 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:25 AM
We had planned on last Tuesday and they had rescheduled to
this week.
I guess it’s been changed again,
Missing it again…..🙃
2 292 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:11 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_vaccine

There is a vaccine but whether you should get it is tricky. You have to have had dengue before. If you take without having had dengue, it makes things worse.

The key is early recognition and getting to doctor. wait too long and things can go poorly.
8 1,071 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 02:11 AM
We came in the 25th. It has been more or less cloudy with some periods of sun as well as rain each day (1 hour to several hours of rain each day). We haven’t had this much cloud cover and rainfall since the last week of Oct. (which was a complete washout) but what can you do?
6 561 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
04/29/2024 11:50 PM
Thanks all
5 1,128 Read More
British Virgin Islands
04/29/2024 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Slug
We stayed in a 2 bdrm and I certainly don't recall a 2 bdrm right on the beach.

The two-bedroom on the beach opened in May of '23. It is where Ann's old gift shop was, just to the east of the Cow Wreck bar.
7 542 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
04/29/2024 04:48 PM
If you are comfortable there, I would say that Club O beach is the best place to meet people. You won't find a friendlier, more accepting bunch of people on the island. We have many friends that we travel with, visit and converse with all year round that we met there over the years. You will be equally accepted whatever "option" you choose regarding swimwear or not and the vast majority of people there will be in your age group.
6 985 Read More
British Virgin Islands
04/29/2024 04:41 PM
We scattered my beloved wife Candace's ashes on CGB as she requested.Quito was off island to play for her but Jimmy ( recorded) sent her away on the trades. Some more were scattered at CRC in Little Apple Bay. "Her" mason jar was inspected by TSA at SFO and that was it...nothing at BVI Customs..Go for it just dont announce it.
40 42,136 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
04/29/2024 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Southbound
jandj, what do you mean by you were "leased" with his suits and the fabric and fit?

I bet the p of pleased is missing and auto correct took over on second time.
10 881 Read More
British Virgin Islands
04/29/2024 04:40 PM
One of our neighbor boats had their dinghy go missing in Setting Point on Sunday, 4/21, from the Lobster Trap dinghy dock while they were there for dinner. Wasn't locked. Never found.
40 3,967 Read More
British Virgin Islands
04/29/2024 03:52 PM
Yes, you can go just for drinks!

I have not heard anything about another restaurant. But the website shows Marina, Resort and Real Estate all targeted for 2025 openings
27 3,712 Read More
British Virgin Islands
04/29/2024 12:54 PM
It was pretty hazy that day, but here's one of the better shots I got of the mooring field. No sign of your untidiness 😎
3 426 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
04/28/2024 11:53 PM
So sorry for responding late. Life got very busy once we returned home. So….Our flight from SXM to Miami went smooth but came in about 15 minutes late. The signage to Immigration was easy to follow but we never realized how far we’d have to walk to get there. We came in at the end of concourse E. The sign listing flights and luggage location were harder to follow as it is an electronic sign that kept updating the myriads of flights arriving. We finally figured it out, grabbed our luggage and proceeded to drop off our bags before going through TSA. We then realized that I had not checked our luggage all the way through to PHL when we were in SXM. We usually fly direct PHL to SXM and had never flow into MIA. We told one of the attendants our lot and she kindly handed us an orange ticket, opened the rope barrier, and let us through to an area just ahead for us, and others, who needed to check in luggage. The line going into TSA was so crowded with people we wondered at that moment if we were going to make our flight if we had to go to the back of that line after checking in luggage. We waited a bit in a line of about 8 people and checked in the luggage. The attendant asked what time our flight left before taking our luggage. I could see by the look on her face she was calculating whether we had time, nodded and checked in our bags. The sweet spot was once we checked in our bags they opened a space up ahead of the lines for us to go through TSA. We now had to walk, or rather speed walk, all the way back to the same concourse as we had arrived. Both of us had to hit the head before we boarded, and we arrived at the gate just as they were calling our group. It was all very exhausting and stressful but we made it. We logged 9,000 + steps so I thought it all turned lemons into lemon aid in the exercise dept. Lesson learned about checking luggage all the way through to your destination. I’m not sure I ever want to do a connecting MIA again, but you can’t always get direct…so who knows. On the flight to SXM we stayed overnight in Miami as connecting flights to SXM didn’t allow much time at all.
8 1,036 Read More
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8