fabila 39
JeanneB 35
Kennys 32
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
1moresxmexpat, Bogdaniel, delorget, Steve51
Who's Online Now
40 registered members (PrairieGirl, Matt W, CaribbeanCanadians, toast, pony600, richard4th, BaardJ, KirkB, captmonk, Kennys, duckfat, hokiesailor, IWIWSE, Bakoguy, Uksimonusa, lbksxm, betsyg, pbd007, JandIrene, geomo, nevar37, deliveryskipper, dj1094, camview, steve74, marybeth, SXMNAN, Jerry_R, SXMScubaman, 11 invisible), 939 guests, and 81 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
16 minutes ago

This makes a lot of sense, an improvement I'll make on our next trip.
12 1,027 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
22 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Bahston
Rhum Agricole (cane sugar juice), which can be an acquired taste

That's putting it mildly! Think of the smell of a freshly mowed lawn. To me, Rhum Agricole tastes like what I imagine that would.
7 484 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Will that card get you into the proposed lounge at PJIA if it ever gets done?
24 998 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Kennys
Thanks Fabi and how its how things are said about where I live gets me pissed off . We could have been American Citizens way back but because first of all we misplaced the papers from my Mom and our two children schooling was Canadian , hence speaks for itself .

There you go again talking about something other than the topic at hand. I don't get the connection.
30 1,275 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
That explains things. If they have tentacles I am done even if small!
7 420 Read More
British Virgin Islands
2 hours ago
She may have made that "15 cents" statement to previous customers hoping they didn't have any change and would give her another "greenback" or two (or five).

That being said, is it an open "hire and fire" employee set up in the BVI? Someone posted, long ago, about "up the ladder" influences on who you can hire.

Several years ago, we were at BEYC on a slow, Sunday night. We went into the gift shop and the sole-employee, in her mid-twenties, was listening to gospel music on a small radio. I complemented her on her music. She said ~ "I have to work every Sunday. This music is the only way I get to go to church." How open is the job market for the locals?
1 141 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
He's full of "IT" I will tell you. We bought suits from him. Long story short they didn't even last two seasons on SXM only!! I also question, if he is the actual tailor!!!??? Andy would say, he got a lot of SH * T with himself, getting women to undress to "fit" them with the right size cups!!! LOL!!!
23 2,366 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Listen no matter what anyone tells you. They have tractors that clean up everything everyday!!! We were there a few weeks ago and spent more than a few days on Orient beach. LaPlaya is our home base. But I walk the beach end to end everyday. Those guys don't stop until the beach is all cleaned up!!! FACT!
5 779 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
I put Driftwood up on that list!!! IMHO, they have great bar-truck food!!! I tried for the first time in my life last fall trip , don't know why! There shawarma sandwich!!! WOW so good!!! This past April trip Louise ordered the Shawarma salad and I got the "mixed" sandwich!! A word of caution, bring a roll of paper towels- wipes! Talk about messy eats!!! LOL!!!
7 430 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Just a note, Craig from Pack Light has rentals in Beacon Hill! Not on the beach. But for a couple of days before checking into BSV, why not, short walk to Simpson bay beach and Dinghy's!!
14 1,350 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
It's a shame, the clubs are catering to the "house" music!!! We would change our evening plans to go see Dave Morris. Who would play for three hours straight. From Floyd to the Beatles. He told me, he can't get work on the island. There was a time where he would be booked from October to April and go back to France, Nice and play those gigs! As you said, we to, a lot older and burning the midnight hour isn't at the top of the list anymore! LOL!!!
2 206 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
5 hours ago
We visited Desert Sun in Palm Springs from April 25 to April 30, 2024. Open for business and still clothing-optional.
21 4,871 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:09 PM
Check out VOYAGE Charters out of Sopers Hole. Family owned and operated, best yachts in the business and the customer service is unmatched. They have agents that actually live in the BVI so they know all the boats and crew extremely well. Clare handles our bookings, her email is clare@voyagecharters.com
18 1,456 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
barry--no problem, but that really is a shame that Rainbow scr*ws that whole area, because of the noise.
22 1,337 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:25 PM
Lancer--OK, that is disappointing, so you went to Miami and had to go down to purgatory to leave. IF you leave via a jetway upstairs, it is a much different experience.
6 672 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:22 PM
OK, thanks for the additional info. As far as a jetway, my understanding is that no one gets a jetway upon ARRIVAL, but some get it on departure. At least to have a ramp is a big deal. It is very difficult for me to go down (or up!!) stairs, especially with a carry on bag.
14 788 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:46 PM
RIP Scott
May your Seas always be flat and your sails always be full with a bottomless Pain Killer in hand.
1 277 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:00 PM
Thanks for the nice trip report and photos!!
14 1,513 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 01:57 PM
Nothing wrong with booking airfare early. W e book ours 351 days out for the best prices and miles availability knowing times could change. Having timeshare fixed weeks takes the accommodation worries out of the equation barring any major damaging storms.
1 204 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:42 PM
So my theory on sugar in the cruise ship fuel tanks worked!
5 959 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:22 PM
Really great photos...thanks for sharing
4 455 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:19 PM
We arrived May 1st. Stayed with a local friend who said that the weather had been very weird with lots of rain .

Cisterns full and everything is lush and green….greener than I have experienced .

She lives on top of the hill overlooking Josiah Bay. Blustery and rain all night.
One of those “ so glad I am not doing anchor watch on my boat “ kinda nights.

Been cloudy and rainy off and on since we got here, with sunny breaks too. Mixed bag for sure ….but a cloudy day in vacation in BVI beats any day at home in Easten Canada where we still get minus temps at night .
Here til June so really don’t mind a few overcast days .

But it’s still as gorgeous as ever smile
7 817 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/03/2024 09:33 PM
I wish there were a like button on this!!
3 559 Read More
British Virgin Islands
05/03/2024 09:06 PM

George, I think the ferries have caught on to that. Seems like some do not allow same day booking online.
16 769 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
05/03/2024 03:24 PM
Scuba--I think these folks are actual OWNERS, not timeshare owners.
3 470 Read More
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8