Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1
banude
Traveler

Nude Mendocino?
      #1455029 - 11/14/12 02:49 PM (173.164.246.58)

Are there any nude beaches or nude friendly areas along the CA coast near Mendocino? Wife and I will be visiting the are and wondered if there is a place we can visit. I understand it will likely be cold, but in case there happens to be a heatwave, I want to be prepared :)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
banude
Traveler

Re: Nude Mendocino? [Re: banude]
      #1455033 - 11/14/12 03:00 PM (173.164.246.58)

or better yet, any nude friendly hot springs someone can recommend?

FireProf
Traveler

Loc: Southern California
      #1455259 - 11/15/12 02:35 PM (108.13.170.22)

Here's some information but not sure how current it is. Doesn't appear to be many choices that would make you feel comfortable with venturing to some of these beaches. Good luck.

http://www.sfbg.com/nudebeaches/mendocino

banude
Traveler

Re: Nude Mendocino? [Re: FireProf]
      #1455325 - 11/15/12 07:10 PM (173.164.246.58)

Thanks..I found that site too and it didn't make it sound very tempting, which is why I thought I'd ask TTOL for the inside scoop. I think we may try Orr Hot Springs near Ukiah, it's not too far off our path and looks a little less "hippieish" than some of the other places I've seen. By and large, all great reviews.

UncleAl32
Traveler

Loc: Left Coast USA
      #1455446 - 11/16/12 02:22 PM (68.122.11.197)

It's a bit of a drive, but Harbin Hot Springs in Middletown, CA is a northern California institution. In spite of the fact it's a bit off the beaten path, during the summer months, they average 300 people a night on weekdays and 500 per night on weekends. During the winter usage falls off, but you won't be the only ones there! Nearly 95% of the guests go nude in and around the pools. The M/F ratio varies from 60/40 male to 50/50. And it attracts all age groups---no "graying" of the nudist movement there. Yes, it's New Agey, but my wife and I---who are far from hippies---go there 2-3 times each summer and love it! Here's a link:

Harbin Hot Springs

banude
Traveler

Orr Hot Springs [Re: UncleAl32]
      #1458369 - 11/28/12 05:44 PM (173.164.246.58)

We visited last week and it was....nice. When you're mostly used to developed resorts, it's hard to make comparisons to a place out in the wilderness with gravel paths and creaky buildings. The hot springs themselves are very nice, flowing into small shallow gunite pools that are around 103-105 degrees. Might be able to fit 6 people in each of the 2 pools without feeling like you're having a doctor's physical. They keep the attendance capped at a certain amount to not have issues like that come up. The staff is very friendly and professional.

The clientele is clearly free spirited. Many tattoos, many piercings, many hairy female armpits, but all were respectful and very quiet. There was absolutely ZERO sexual undertone, this is a place for people to get all Zen-y and stuff, not a place for hanky panky (at least not the day we visited).

Not sure if it's a place you could make a day out of in the colder months, the sun isn't available for long due to the trees and mountains, and there really isn't much there other than these pools and clawfoot tubs. One can only sit in a pool and sauna so many times before you become al dente and need to move on. All in all it was fun in a sort of "let's go to the zoo and look at the animals" type of thing, but for us coming from 3 hours away it's something we'll only do once.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 6242

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline