I agree with RonP. I don't think he said in any way not to "live your life". Just don't be naive. Many years ago my wife and I were in Tortola for the first time during the festival. We went to Clem's By the Sea in Carrot Bay. The bar was full of locals and she went to the bathroom 20 feet from where I was sitting at the bar. When she didn't return for what seemed like an odd length of time I went to check on her. When I knocked on the door she screamed! I kicked the door in and a guy pushed his way past me. I grabbed his shirt and attempted to hold onto him but I was torn between holding him and checking on her. She was hysterical. He had followed her into the small bathroom and pinned her against the wall, groping and trying to kiss her. She was frozen in fear and only screamed when she heard me call her name. The guy ended up running away and was never caught. Police said 95% of the problems come from guys coming over from St. Thomas in small boats and he was likely long gone. They never even questioned a single person sitting at the bar. The guy had been in there for quite some time. Crime like that isn't random when it's widely predicted there will be an increase during the festival. No place is safe. For every victim there's someone that believes it will never happen to me or makes all sort of excuses because it never has. Changed the way I travel even anywhere including home.

[Linked Image]