For forty years I've had the dream to own a boat. Some will question my sanity and sometimes I do too. Nonetheless... dreams are not always rational and I have pulled the trigger. After months of waiting the boat has finally arrived at the charter base and is being worked on to make it "charter ready".

My wife and I have chartered for several years. One of the things we were always disappointed with was the amount of information available about the boat we were chartering. Hard to take that long wait between when you send in the deposit and when you make the trip without something to look at and look forward to. And difficult to plan what to bring when you have so little information. So I thought it would be a good idea to put together a web site for the boat. Not trying to replace what the charter company has available but rather supplement so a prospective charter guest knows exactly what he/she is signing up for.

I have put the site together with my own experiences in mind. I would greatly appreciate if y'all (I live in NC)took a look at the site and gave me some feedback. What information would you like to see, i.e., what am I missing? I'm at first release right now - I'd like to have a zillion pictures/videos available on the site but I simply don't yet have them. I'll add them as soon as I have stuff available.

One person that reviewed my site told me I should make a facebook page for the boat. I looked at a sample for this and I like the idea despite my personal feelings of revolt for all things related to social media. The two have differing purposes in MHO so I'll press ahead with the web site first and get to the facebook page at a later date.

Thanks in advance for any constructive feedback.

The URL is:
www.sv-dreammachine.com

Life's short - sail more!