The BVI has just this week awarded the the 4G LTE spectrum to the three carriers. As usual they have not yet said who got 700MHZ and who got the other frequencies. 700MHZ is the one to look for as it has the longest range and best penetration.

I have no idea how long it will take to implement the upgrade.

Unfortunately, I do not believe the BVI ISP structure is set up to provide the optimum response time that 4G can provide. When the announcement was made last week I tried a traceroute on Digicell and LIME/FLOW/Cable & Worthless and both routed through DNS servers and Nodes in Grenada. That means that any outbound BVI signal goes south out of Brewers Bay to Grenada then back to Brewers Bay and on via PR or Bermuda to NYC. Not the best routing when the cables are carrying daytime commercial traffic.

To give you an idea of internet speeds down here at home I have Cox Cable and get 20-25gb down and 7 to 12gb up. Down here on DSL I am getting 2gb up and 500mb+- up. You can still stream Netflix but allow for some buffering. On my cell 3G it is about the same or a little slower. I am however being routed through the T-Mobile servers. A local SIM might have a better routing structure but i doubt it.