Hi everyone...looking to return at the end of May or early June 2017 and have been looking at boats and charter company's. 2 couples looking for a cat and a captain. my hubby and I have been sailing there twice with friends who sail but this is the first time for me doing the planning. I am trying to dot my eyes and cross my T's. Few questions I have ...for now...
Iis there any advantage to using a yacht broker if I have lots of quotes already? I am finding comparable prices from BVIYC and TTM and am still looking at others. Any other recommendations are welcome as I am finding boats with AC (friends requirement) in the 40ft range are not as plentiful as hoped. In our price range I should add....trying to keep base boat cost under 7k as we need to add in capt and fees etc.
Also I think we are flying into STT and have seen positive comments on here about CYOA. Not having to take the ferry is a nice option but what , if any additional costs or things are involved in starting from the U.S. And coming into the BVI. We do plan to bring some food with us from home..small cooler of some premade meals. Anything we need to know?
Thanks in advance for any comments and I out. I've read on here for a long time and this site is so helpful
Lisa