We have been here at Royal islander since Sunday. Weather for most part is hot, sunny with an occasional shower. The waves at maho and Simpson are some of the biggest I have seen in my 13 trips. The front end loader is working each am to clear the road and the beach is beautiful.
We had an incredible meal (lasagna, spaghetti & meatballs) at pasta pizza trattoria in maho. It was on of the most enjoyable meals ever.
We had decided to go to soprano's for pizza and discovered it closed s o went back to the trattoria for pizza and Caesar salad. Both turned out to be very disappointing. Yesterday to orient and again rough sea in front of the shops. Club o side calm as usual and spectacular watching the huge waves break over the reef. We took in the jays ball game. At 3 amigos and happy they won. 3-a always fun. Genome is a terrific manager and the food amazing.
Over the years we have gotten used to visiting our bartender friends next door at sonesta maho. We would walk next door and had no bracelet but would buy our drinks. This time security was all over us and said what we ablready knew, that it was an all inclusive and bartenders are not permitted to sell anymore. We did get to visit ramon for a short time. I guess we'll just have to wait for the next management change for new rules and be able to visit Ramon, Cheryl and Felicia.
Off to SXM yacht club for breakfast with friends and then phillipsburg.