On our recent trip to Provo, my wife was walking along the Grace Bay when she felt a pain in her stomach. Knew right away it was her appendix, since she had the same thing in April before our trip to St. Martin. Doctor in the first instance treated her with antibiotics as it is done in Europe. This time I took her to the Medical Center who in turn told me to go to the hospital. Doctor Burgess operated and removed the appendix on her birthday. Nurses sang Happy Birthday to her before she went into the operating room. Not a pleasant vacation since she missed half of it with 3 days in the hospital and a few more in our room at Ocean Club. The hospital staff were great! Loved to talk with them about where they came from and about family histories. Very friendly! The rooms are large in the General Ward, but they don't have TV and don't supply you with anything such as wash cloth, towel, soap, shampoo, etc. I was expected to bring then in to her. Luckily we purchased travel insurance before we left for the island. Just thought I should let you know that the island does have good medical facilities and we trusted all the medical staff we encountered. My wife no longer has her appendix or her gall bladder, both having been removed in the past half year. Not to many more organs that will give her trouble on our next trip to SXM.