Based on your later statement of the exact condo, I would NOT swim at night, for sure. When you're talking about being on your outside deck at night, what time are you talking? Are you talking 10 PM or 2 AM? 10 PM you're probably ok, 2 AM, no. Do you know whether there is a security guard for the condos? I would doubt it, with that small a complex. Just be careful if you're outside at night that you don't wander off the deck and leave your doors wide open for someone to walk right in when you can't see them, and steal your stuff.

As far as inside, the most important thing is PLEASE lock all your doors and windows when you retire. If they provide a broom handle thing to put in the sliding glass door channel, use it! It is possible that the condo has electronic storm shutters. If so, the property managers may recommend you use those. That I probably personally wouldn't bother to do, as I hate to wake up in a 'dungeon', but I would keep it locked at night.

I am probably more anal about these things than other people are, but I feel that taking some extra precautions and something NOT happening is worth it to me. As always, don't leave anything in the car either, regardless of where it is parked.

Carol Hill