I've always been fascinated by the Chubb house, and have visited it at least once a year since it was abandoned in the '80s. Back then it was as if it was frozen in time - with plates left on the dining table, and toiletries in the bathrooms. As if someone said ENOUGH! I'm LEAVING NOW!

But I always envisioned happier, simpler times. With grand parties, at which the Governor was in attendance. And a steel band brought over from Tortola. Much dancing and drinking, and lovely wooden boats in the harbor, waiting to sail their owners back home in the wee hours.

In the 90's I brought my young family there, and my one son was intent on filming a ghost....and so he did, or so we thought, as we traversed the servants quarters. The video has been a source of debate in our family for decades.

Over the years I've discovered many pottery shards from colonial times mixed among the more modern detritus. The Chubb estate was literally built on top of the old tobacco plantation (most prominent in the flatland).

Based on a hunch, I also discovered some 'treasures' in the bay...which I think are better left alone.

I did not know the connection between Dianna Bruce (Little Denmark) and Little Harbor. But I'll be sure to look her up on my next visit!