We've been occasional guests at Azulik over the last ten years. We more frequently access the spa services at the Maya Spa, which is co-located with Azulik, and so we have been following the renovations and expansion of the original 13 units. It is truly staggering to see how much they are investing in the place. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is going to depend on what experience you are looking for. It has gone from a beautiful but rustic "tree house" on a cliff experience, to a much more artistic, trendy, and exotic one...but one that is more way more expensive and higher density. They have added amenities and services as well.

I love the old Azulik, and respect the craftsmanship and vision of the new Azulik, but it is now well out of our affordable price range. If you can find a deal (as it appears you have) I'd say it's a great value, but it is a very unique experience.

Azulik offers itself as clothing optional, and that is satisfactory for me, but the majority of guests will be textile. Nudity is mostly practiced on the unit decks and small beach area, and even then, it is not very common. The units have very little visual privacy, one from the other, but again, that doesn't usually bother a nudist!

I think they may have occasional struggles with occupancy, given the expansion and price tag, so it doesn't surprise me that you can snag occasional deep discounts.