Just back from Azulik. It's a pretty incredible property. We ended up in a "Jungle Villa", which was over by the spa. It was a very good trip and I'll try to write more later. It's a much younger and very attractive clientele there. We are neither, but never felt in the least bit left out or treated any differently. They clearly understand marketing better than any resort and were nearly full with people from all over the world. It's the only place we have been to where the people really looked like the models in the brochures.

It is clothing optional, but expect to be one of few if you do. I was the only one the first night were were thing and a few people actually acted shocked. After that night there were usually a couple groups nude on the beach ever day and it was much more normal and nobody cared. Lots of topless women, though. It's not a place you can be prudish, just about everyone can see you on decks and in your rooms so nudity is not that big a deal.

Caveats: It's very "new age". New age music all of the time. Incense. The managers are "angels". The whole area in Tulum is a bit like that, but Azulik is the most extreme I think.