Sandsailsun said:
Got it....Canadian here....universal health care ...pros and cons for sure.
Health tourism???? Seems like an odd term

...not wanting to start a crazy debate just being pensive and thinking perhaps I can put my health care background in Public Health to work someday!!!! Of course selling jewelry with Anouk would work too

Rest assured "health tourism" is a very real thing. In 2015 health tourism was greater than a $50B business. NYC and places like the Cleveland Clinic do very large sums from cash paying patients. Many of those patients are from Canada and other universal healthcare postal codes. Some travel to get the service they want when they want it. Others travel to save money. Dentists in Mexico cost much, much, less. Others travel for privacy. Some just want to go somewhere nice and simply relax when they are focused on something related to their health. It is a major industry that is expected to double past the $100B mark in the near term. Whether great doctors or cheap doctors will set up at least part time shop in the BVI? I do not have a crystal ball. No direct daily jet service to the US. Forget the health tourism business.