Regarding VPns. It depends ;-). But theoretically yes. Technically there are more hoops, however Streaming through my employers VPN was quite reasonable and I was able to get a fairly decent stream displayed on a HD TV in SXM. But then again I work for a video streaming equipment manufacturer so that sort of traffic is expected ;-). Yes, an IP blocker can do the same, but you are only as fast as your weakest link so lots a variables so I can't speak which would be better....

However many corporate VPNs or corporate networks in general guard their bandwidth jealously so quality may be throttled, blocked or simply verboten.

In fact my wife and I both work out of home offices, but she works for a fortune 100 company. If she is on the VPN, its strictly business. She can't even send a personal email, Gmail etc... w/o disconnecting. In fact they have only started doing web video conferences literally this week.

Now as to the Amazon stick... One could turn their VPN connected Windows PC into a WiFi hot spot. Have the stick connect to the hotspot.... This is pure theory....never tested...don't try this at home...but if you.... do don't call me for support. ;-)

Never walk onto a job site with empty hands. - Source Unknown