I'm curious as to whether/how anyone has shipped gear to Tortola? (In particular, for a sail charter.)

Certainly thats possible but I've just never done this on many trips to Tortola. If so, how have you done that (USPS, UPS, etc) and any commentary on cost/delivery time? I will be on a 8 week sail charter beginning this May in Tortola.

Consequently, I will have more gear aboard than ever before (to name just some of the gear: kiteboarding equipment, fishing gear, high end snorkel gear, inflatable SUP's, navigation equipment, etc. etc.) I'm beginning to think about how to get all of this to Tortola with me and somewhat concerned about traveling the gear with me on airflight (lost/seriously delayed baggage possiblity for very valuable items which if lost would really screw my trip up - in other words, not concerned about clothes, only gear/equipment). I could pack multiple large bags/boxes as luggage (just a guess would be 4 - 5 oversized bags), but then there's also the hassle of moving all of that around at airports, not to mention the loss/delay issue.

Thanks for any advice, thoughts, comments!!!