Actually I thought prices were very reasonable. Flights and a nice place to stay for 2 people was $1200. A can of Cristal, Boldero or Heienken was $2. Cuba Libre $3 to $4. A regular hamburger w/plantain chips at a med. to up scale restaurant is $3, or for the deluxe, added a slice of ham and cheese $5.50. A huge whole fish with 2 sides $10.50. and don't forget the live entertainment.( Madonna rented this place for a birthday party for here son in law last month, the place closed at 7 PM, she was seen dancing on the table around 11.) A whole bag full of souvenir stuff $20. A breakfast in house $5 pp, included a large plate of fruit and then eggs, meat juice and toast.

I think I can get the Verdado beach thing down to $50 each way for the travel ( or less) and a place to stay $50 to $60 a night for 2 people.

Next trip will include the Santiago beach area. I was told the beaches there were not as good as in Verdado, sand brown, water grey color and hot. But it is on the Caribbean side and I want to see.

W.