Since the last thread on the subject went so well and the BVI discussion here has slowed down quite a bit from prior years I will add another example of silliness. A good friend of mine with a business in the BVI told me that an arriving ferry had some guests of a crewed charter aboard. They saw the captain of their charter coming into the dock. He waved back. C&I charged the captain of the crewed charter with "communicating with immigrants before clearing customs" and wanted him to sign a document admitting guilt and to pay 15,000 $ fine. He refused.. Then they wanted to impound the dinghy, he refused. A couple days later he signed an admission of guilt, with a $1500.00 fine which was waved. The Charter association got involved. . It's ongoing and the tourist board is also involved. Totally stupid and happening on the same weekend ..last weekend.. that there were two murders on Tortola. At the risk of rattling cages, there is nothing like that happening to legal visitors to the U.S. Or anyone waving at the boat they arrive on.