To make an 8:30 briefing, you have to get in the previous day and stay *somewhere*. I prefer to do evening starts which are less than the price of a full day (barely...).

It's been a while since I looked at DYC. My recollection was that they only did briefings later in the afternoon and therefore you would miss the bridge opening, requiring a night at the dock - at full price. A chart briefing at 8:30 am sounds hard to believe to me but I have no idea. Every chart/boat briefing I've ever had has been *very* roughly scheduled and virtually never on time. Getting through the bridge at 10:00 after an "8:30" meeting seems risky.

On the return, given you have to leave time to get through the bridge, debrief, and get to the airport, they indicated that I might have to come back the night before. All that is dependent on your flight time of course so it may not matter to you. For me, it was just a bunch of unknowns that I didn't want to deal with.

I also thought that Sunsail made you stay the first night at the dock. Maybe not explicitly but due to the fact that the briefings are later in the day. I could be wrong about that though.

I have no direct experience with either Sunsail or DYC so I'm not trying to convince you not to go with them - just offering data points/things to check. I was mainly just curious why you didn't include The Moorings in your list originally. I see that you wanted a particular boat so that makes sense.

I'm sure you will enjoy whichever you choose.

Tom

Last edited by tmsxmsails; 03/21/2017 11:50 AM.