There have been some posts on this forum on this subject. Maybe do a search and you can find some lists.

Here is the list I send my guests. I'm trying to be realistic about the experience so they have the proper expectations while at the same time trying to make it a positive set of instructions. I've been trying to fine tune this message for the last couple of batches of guests. Its a work in progress.

Here is the message I send out:

-------------------------------

As I indicated yesterday, you should plan to bring very little. Here is roughly my pack list for a week:

2 swim suits
6 t-shirts and some underwear
2 pair of shorts (plus the one I'm wearing)
1 pair of clean (never used with dirt/oil/grime) leather gloves. You can use sailor/biker gloves but personally I find them to be too hot to leave on my hands and and takes too much time to put on/off. Just a plain pair of leather gloves that I can slip on for a couple of minutes works fine for me.
1 pair of sandals or flip-flops which I'm wearing when I get on the plane. Need to be able to get wet. You will mostly be bare foot on the boat. Make sure your foot gear won't leave black sole marks on a boat.
Sun Gear which consists of:
2 pair of sun glasses, i.e., the pair I usually wear and a back-up pair. Must be polarized. And make sure you have a lanyard 'cause they might try to fly off your head in the wind. I used my back up pair on October btw, I whacked my head up against the bimini top stepping on board the first day and popped one of the lenses out which of course fell in the water never to be seen again. Back up pair saved the day.
A bucket of sun block. I usually use the spray on kind but this can be difficult if all your are bringing is a carry on.
Whatever else you might need to protect yourself from the sun such as hat, etc.
Rain gear. Atleast a rain jacket. If we get in some squalls you can cool off quickly if you get wet + wind.
Beach/Sailing Music (my phone) + a usb cable
Flashlight
Reading material
Mask & Snorkel
Towel - we use the light weight skinny towels that dry quickly. You don't want to bring a thick towel 'cause it will never dry and mildew
Ear plugs. I bring the disposable foam plugs you get at the drug store. Why do you need them? Lots of noises on a boat that will wake you multiple times a night. I find I need the plugs the first couple of nights but after that I'm find without them.
Camera
I bring a BVI sim card for my phone. Phone/text only. Cell coverage is possible if you have a global plan but even that may be spotty. If no global plan you will not get coverage in BVI. I would not do anything, i.e., use my BVI phone for emergencies. That's one of the upsides to going - there is virtually no communication to the outside world which is a good thing when going on vacation. We will pull into some places that have free Wi-fi if you need to catch up with something.
If you don't know for certain that you don't get motion sick get a prescription for Transderm Scop patches
Money and credit card
Passport

I can not adequately stress the need to deal with the sun. NAMEHERE - you tan and probably do ok. I don't. And I don't think NAMEHERE is any better. And even if you do well you will want to be a bit careful. The cockpit has good shade. But everywhere else you're getting direct sun plus the reflection. It's like being in a sun broiler. Most of the trips we have had down there we've had a lot of cloud cover especially in the mornings. But once it clears up you can certainly feel the sun frying you.

The most common personal safety/discomfort things to watch out for when sailing are:

* Sun burn
* Drinking enough. You will be sweating more than you are used to and you need to drink plenty of liquids to make up for it.
* Staying dry. If you are wet - especially with salt water - and have any clothing rubbing you might chafe. I tend to chafe in my crotch which can be uncomfortable. I bring some Gold Bond with me and make sure I stay dry most of the time. And certainly rinse with fresh water after being in the ocean. There is a shower hose/nozzle on the back deck for this purpose.
* Rope burns. Usually a result of not thinking through what you're doing like popping a clutch without having wrapped the line around the winch the one time you didn't wear gloves. Dumb stuff like that. I'll go over that the first day out so you have at least heard the warning. But you will likely still do it at least once.
* Smashing some body part. Again part of the safety briefing. The boat weighs 10 tons. If it's moving you are unlikely to stop it by putting your body part between it and an unmovable object. I've never had anyone on the boat smash anything but I've yelled at a couple of people who were on the path.
* Getting enough sleep. This will not be too bad of an issue on this boat since it has a generator and AC. Without it it's hot/stuffy and hard to get to sleep. But even with the temperature under control the boat is moving around a bit which at first may cause you some less than ideal sleep. We're going to try pretty hard to find/use protected anchorages to minimize the boat movement at night but unfortunately there will very likely be a couple of nights that the boat is rolling/moving enough that it's pretty annoying to fall asleep.
* Tender feet. I don't walk around barefoot enough so the diamond finish on the decks tends to make my feet pretty tender. I always try to toughen up my feet as much as possible before going on a trip by walking around barefoot as much as possible in the weeks before.

The most common causes of property damage are:

* Docking accidents and/or hard docking the boat. Usually involves fiberglass dings (or worse) or possible damage to a rub rail.
* Grounding the boat
* Wrapping a line in the prop. Multiple ways to do this but most common is running over the dingy line while backing up because you didn't bring the dingy up short during mooring/anchoring/docking.
* Sucking up a line or debris into the bow thruster
* Hitting rocks/coral with the dingy and/or dingy outboard prop
* Swamping the dingy while attempting to beach it in the surf
* Having an agenda instead of intentions. You should never have a set sail agenda 'cause that makes you less likely to take into account the weather/boat/crew conditions and you try to force something to happen that would not otherwise. If conditions are not favorable then a day at anchorage is a perfectly fine place to be.

Sailing a boat - especially when sailing in unfamiliar waters - is probably not unlike being a pilot. Long periods of boredom interspersed by brief periods of stress/terror.

The intention of these long lists is not to make you discouraged or rethink this trip but rather make sure you have some idea what you're stepping into and have you be as prepared as possible. This is an active vacation. You will not be sitting around napping and ordering up room service. You will be relatively busy with stuff to do each day and you will likely be physically tired at night. It will be a fantastic trip and unless you are motion sick the whole time I can't see any possible outcome where this won't be one of the most amazing trips in your life time. And of course the company is great😁

Life's short - sail more!