Carol,

It has been brought to my attention that a portion of my trip report was copied and pasted on a facebook st. martin group in an attempt to stir trouble. Someone here advised the group manager who did remove it but i thought you should know.

I post my trip report where i want it...and dont appreciate those who would do that kind of thing.

Also I want to further address this issue. I am an American....and i really have no knowledge of the things going on in canada or france. I assume we are all allies.
and my post was not meant to be political. It was meant to convey the attitudes of some folks and how it can affect many other people.

I only shared one incident between the French lady and the Canadians...there were more.

One evening they were having their dinner on their patio at 8:30.....i lived right next door...and i heard nothing.
The French lady came storming out of her house and told them they were being too noisy and to quiet down. They knocked at my door to ask if they were disturbing us....I said no of course not. However....there was a group of folks having a celebration party across the way....having a great time and we could hear them. I asked the Canadians if perhaps she was mistaken and thought the noise was coming from them instead of across the way. They said they did not thnk so becasue she went into her house and started slamming doors and drawers.

Now folks...I know Club Orient is a quiet place...but the music doesn't stop at papagayo until 10:30...so I figure you should probably be respectful and quiet down about that time....but 8:30? and all they were doing was eating dinner on their patio?

I beleive in respect and treating others equally. If I could not hear these folks eating on their patio...she certainy could not hear them eating on their patio...and even if she did....had she been kinder...they might have invited her to join them...they were that kind of people.

No... this is not about politics....this is about a person who seemed to enjoy making others around her as miserable as she seemed to be. I feel very sorry for her. She spent all that time and money on a vacation and it still did not appear to make her happy.

I agree with ypu carol....some people just like to complain and be miserable. Geez...I can do that at home...lol i certainly am not spending a ton of money to do it on vacation.

By the way...my daughter swears by thieves oil....and i may have to try it the next trip we take. The colds were bothersome....they did not ruin our beautiful vacation...and they taught me a valuable lesson....take medications with you that ypu think you might need.

[Linked Image]