We arrived STT this past Sat 4/15. (we arrived STT too late to make the last ferry to Tortola so I made reservations at Emerald for the one night)
Have to say, we wouldnt stay there again.
Pros: room is large, bed comfortable, ocean view is nice
Cons: We checked in and went to the restaurant. Were told they were running behind in the kitchen and couldn't seat us yet. We asked if we could just sit down, have a drink, and wait - told them we were in no hurry. Waitress/hostess said no. We could go sit at the bar if we wanted.
Ok, we go sit at the bar. It's loud, crowded, but that's ok so far. Bartender was really gruff - I think he was trying to be funny when he said "ok, everyone at my bar needs to calm the f&*( down" No, literally he said that. Now I've got a mouth like a sailor at times, but it's a little bit shocking to hear it from a server. Drinks were ... eww. Too sweet, syrupy. Finally had a carib. We ended up getting carry out from the restaurant and eating in our room. you could hear the music from the bar in our room with the door closed. Next morning, no hot water - front desk person didn't really seem to care when we brought it to her attention.
Long story short, we won't stay here again. Just wasn't worth it. We can't get to STT in one day from where we live; I would have rather spent the night in ATL in a hotel on the way down.
(I'm sure others have a different experience, this was just ours).
One last note: I'm always so happy when we get to Tortola - the people are so friendly and warm and welcoming!