Just got back from a great trip and am currently sitting at my desk at work still rocking. I picked up my boat at CYOA which was - as expected but still greatly appreciated - in perfect working condition inside and out.

I like to think I'm pretty easy going and probably 5x more so while down in the ilons. But one thing I'm a little irritated with is the NPT moorings. I don't mind spending the money for the permit 'cause I feel like it's being used to support things I take direct advantage of. But I ought to be able to take advantage of the moorings else I'm not really sure what I'm paying for.

For example - I arrive at the Indians at 0700 on Sunday. Every mooring ball has a CAT parked on it except two. Of the two only one of the balls has a lead. ok.. fine for me I pick up the remaining ball. There is no way the cats got there in the morning - I'm certain they were there all night. No sign of life on them. We stayed on our mooring for at most the maximum 90 minutes. None of the "parked" boats moved in that time or showed any sign of life. Several other boats came by looking for a ball and left - no room at the inn.

Same experience at the Baths. Packed. In the 20 minutes I hung out not a single boat left. Hard to believe they all got there within the previous 90 minutes. No big deal at this site 'cause I rented a car and drove down from Leverick. Better that way anyway. But it does make me wonder why I bother paying the NPT permit.

It appears some boaters believe the rules are for the little people. I find this a bit annoying!

Life's short - sail more!