LocalSailor said:

A good plan -- but as I asked - who does the enforcement??
And I doubt the problem will go away in a few months unless the powers that be strictly do the enforcement and it is widely publicized.
@Sailtowind mentions "be careful what you wish for"

"If I ran the zoo" ----- not a job anyone would really wish for IMHO!!

I didn't know I needed to have a complete solution to the problem in order to be annoyed by the present conditions.

I don't really care how they enforce their own rules. But not enforcing them doesn't appear to be working. And I'm not sure why you and Sailtowind believe that the current completely broken usage of the NPT mooring balls is surely better than some enforcement. As is now I pay for a NPT permit that I accept has rules for fair play and I find out that some percentage of sailors don't want to be bothered by those rules which impacts my usage that I paid for.

But to get back to your point. If they are NPT moorings I would think the BVI Park service would enforce those rules. They already have a boat - I've seen them enforce the swim area at the Baths before. I assume they can drive that boat and enforce some rules with their current personnel. Second idea would be for the NPT to contract out the mooring balls, maintenance, and enforcement to a private party and simply take a percentage of the revenue. That would probably be a better solution but I doubt it would fly in the BVI.

Despite finding a solution to the problem not really being my problem I've suggested some strawman ideas to make it better. You are welcome to put forth other constructive ideas which IMHO would be better input than "that would never work".

Life's short - sail more!