Just went through the same mess sonyawooley went through. Had booked a charter for the end of this month almost a year ago, had the departure time on contract set at noon and a paddle board thrown in. 2 of the people I originally worked with left. Was then told about the 5pm start. Long story short, they would not honor the noon start unless I paid for it. I wasn't going to start my charter with my little kids by sitting in the marina, so I paid the "cartel". Oh yeah, keep in mind, the noon doesn't necessarily mean leave the dock at noon. I was told that if I was nice, the office person would do the paperwork before noon so we could leave around noon.

Now for the paddle board, they fought with me for several weeks about still providing it. After they finally agreed to it, I was told "they couldn't guarantee that the paddle board would be on the boat at the time of departure"! So, I paid extra for the noon departure so I could sit around for a paddle board? So far, i'm not impressed with what I have seen.

If anyone has questions, feel free to pm me. Don't need to post all the details here.

You can't put a price on fun!