KGB said:
DavidinChelseaMA said:
KGB said:
Sure, great idea! It's all about weight management. I think the flights are chartered by Jenny Craig....
You know, you eat like a king for a 10 days in Sxm and then going to Cuba for the weight loss part of your trip... Kinda equals out the calories intake...

If you've seen Anthony Bourdain on CNN, and his trip to Cuba for his travel/foodie TV show, you'd know your comment is waaaay off. You'd gain more weight in Cuba !!!

Please allow me to disagree. I have been to Cuba in 2013 and I'm not going back until the commies are out and capitalism is in. I'm not going to discuss the politics here but I can tell you one thing - there is simply not enough food in Cuba to make it good, even at the super duper overpriced all inclusive resorts.
We had also took a private trip to Havana and ate at their famous "commercial private" restaurant. Sure it was edible but I wouldn't say it was anything more that a basic meal.

That article is extremely concerning.... Cuba needs to get its act together, but also the embargo needs to be lifted.