The first rule of the SVIs is: You do not talk about the SVIs. The second rule of the SVIs is: You DO NOT talk about the SVIs. Shall I continue?

Hopefully the SVIs aren't on a course similar to that of the BVIs several years ago. However, as more and more people look for alternatives to the BVIs they are going to quickly realize that the SVIs are much easier to get to, much less expensive, much less crowded, just as beautiful as the BVIs, and in general, a great alternative to the BVIs. I guess there are differences such as not as easily navigable waters, no cruise ship docks, less places to hide from the wind and swell, and the SVIs are not their own country. Nevertheless, the BVI government seems to be doing their best to try to give every other island in the Caribbean a bigger piece of the charter pie.

BTW, does anyone know when the increase in BVI cruising permit fees is going to hit? Or has it already?

Matt

CaptainJay said:
I was in Culebra the weekend before last. A lobster dinner was $30. Drinks where $4 and the moorings are free. Customs is handled with a phone call, also for free.

[Linked Image]