No real problems coming home yesterday--unless you count the god-awful 8 AM AA flight from SXM! Getting up at 5 AM on vacation isn't my idea of fun, but it was all that was available on frequent flyer tickets.

We flew SXM to Miami and Miami to Tampa. All flights were on time. We had 2 1/2 hours in Miami, which was a good thing, because immigration in Miami was a disaster. We landed in Miami at 11:00 AM on a Monday and the lines for the immigration computers were HUGE, and then the line after that to see the agent was longer. They didn't have enough agents working the counters. In fact the line for people with the "x" on their form was shorter. Some people in back of us were with some other people who got the "x" and they got through the line at least 10 minutes faster. After that, the luggage was already there by the time we got there and there was no delay there. We got TSA pre-check, so the line to go through security was very quick--although the regular security line was pretty short also. In all, although we didn't run, as we had no reason to, we did not stop even to go to the restroom, and it was 1 hour and 20 minutes from when the plane landed until we were at our next gate. If a person had a 1 hour and 30 minute connection, they would have missed it, as they close the doors 10 minutes before. As I said, we were not running, but we would have never made a 1.5 hour connection.

If a person had Global Entry, it probably would have been maybe 10 minutes from getting off the plane, with no checked bags. With GE, I'm sure people had to wait for their bags though..

Carol Hill