The answer is no, with regard to parking at beaches, per se. You will not need to pay to park anywhere on Orient, or at Mullet Bay, or on Simpson Bay. However, some beaches, it is difficult to park without going to a particular resort or restaurant, etc. For example, as far as Grande Case, if you go during the day, you probably should be able to park on the street, but there may not be any spots. If so, there are a couple of pay lots. Dawn Beach, in particular, is pretty hard to access because the Westin basically took over most of the beach. As far as Friar's Bay, my personal opinion is those people were running a scam, as, far as I know, access should be free there. Cupecoy is one I'm not sure about, as we haven't been there in a long time. I think that Dany charges $5 to park in his lot there. I'm not sure why anyone who is staying on the island would go there, but Great Bay Beach, you probably will have to use a pay lot to park. But most people staying on island will go to P'burg only to shop, not to the beach, per se.

Carol Hill