Our arrival to sxm from Chicago was perfect. All planes on time and upgrades available! Could not ask for better flights.

We rented the car from Lesley at Kennys and that too was smooth and car was waiting for us!

Traffic around 4 pm was like Chicago traffic. Once we got to Grand Case someone was waiting to give us the keys to the apartment we rented on vrbo.com. We could not park in the garage because someone had parked in front of the garage. This has been happening since Tuesday. Either we are stuck in or can't get in at all. Neighbors in other apartment have same issue.

Apartment is ok. Everything is in working order and the balcony is narrow but long enough for all three of use to use at once. We are either on the beach or on the balcony or walking around.

Not many people on the beach at all. The water is crystal clear and the delicious smells from the restaurants make us hungry! We cook our own meals mostly. Breakfast we get a baguette and some croissants across from the police station. I took my sister to Rib Shack and we enjoyed ribs and chicken. So yummy!

I had grabbed a tiny piece of snapper from talk of the town for $10. It was ok, I was expecting more.

So far best things are the swimming and the lounging on the balcony. We did a little shopping here in Grand Case but each time I go out I see a couple drug deals going down. Today it was right in front of the police department. Tiny foil wrapped pieces. Trying to figure out what that might be. I counted 8 drug deals since we got here Tuesday. Doesnt seem like they are at all concerned with discretion. One young man brings his little sister with him while he deals. She must be 6 or 7.

I feel very safe here and think it is a nice relaxing place for the week. I look forward to driving to Marigot Saturday morning for the fish market.
I'm hoping to convince my sisters husband to take us to Rimas Beachwear. Is it still in the same spot? I use their indian batik sheets for everything from couch covers to beach blankets.

Thanks for the help with fish and bakeries!

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 07/07/2017 06:32 PM.