So..."Someone died? Maho Jet Blast" that post has grown to over 5000 views and almost 100 comments! Unfortunately some of those commenting forgot the first part of the subject line...."Someone died". Do you know her name? Do you know if she was a good mother? a great daughter? an awesome boss or employee, loved by her family? do you know anything about this person you call an" idiot" and "stupid"?

Are you really so damn squeaky clean in your "life choices" that you've never stretched the boundries?...jay walked? walked down a dark street alone? maybe one drink too many? ever walked a little too close to a ledge just to get that perfect photo? or god forbid....do you smoke, that can kill you, you know!!? really? if you have been so cautious during your entire life... please respond and tell me so and I'll tell you that you've lead an entirely safe yet boring existence! and I surmise you're lucky a transit bus hasn't found your [censored] in a cross walk! Yes, You are BORING as F and if calling you a name is offensive.....I may have proved a point!

As far as a reactive and productive response to the "accident", I recommend not keeping the current site design and adjust things to "accommodate" both thrill seeking tourists and the island government . Obviously many tourists want the thrill of not only watching these jets take off, but feeling the enormous jet wash throw them to the ground! and the government wants vehicle traffic flowing freely with minimal police enforcement and injuries.

So I would propose, place a new "Beach Walk" with a 2 foot knee wall on the edge of the road topped with 4 foot fence on the beach side of the road extending the whole width of the airport property. The entire fence should be re-enforced the entire length to limit any legal issues from the so called "Blast Zone'. Only vehicles should be on the road, at least the vast majority of pedestrians would stay on the "Beach Walk". I'll attach some photos from our only trip to SXM 2 years ago, they show that people obviously want to see the planes/jets, they respect the road when planes are landing, what makes a few folks run for the fence at the last minute to get "jet washed" ....it's convenient!

IF you made it this far...and before I post the photos... her name was Gayleen McEwan, thoughts and prayers to her family!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]