Thanks for all of the replies. Seems like most opinions are that one of the more typical charter boats will be a better idea. Makes sense to me - particularly since there will be little to no upwind work on this trip.

I suspect that as long as the pricing comes out to be reasonable we might opt for the Helia. We've sailed Lagoon 450s several times and are eager to try something a bit different. Turns out the Lagoon 42 is not available so that leaves us with the Helia, Moorings 400 or Catana. I've heard good things about the Helia. Yes, it is quite a bit lighter than a Lagoon 450, but there should only be a couple open water passages on this trip, otherwise we will be mostly tucked behind a reef or island. The Helia is brand new and well outfitted which is always nice. On the other hand, the Moorings 400 is a few thousand less expensive and still only a couple years old. We'll just have to weight the two against each other and make a decision.

I'm still keeping the Catana on the table but it is an unlikely candidate at this point. It does supposedly have a gennaker on it which would be nice if we happened to have a period of lighter winds. And it's quite a bit less than the other choices. However, with no A/C and having significantly more cramped quarters, I think that unless the performance difference was going to be notable, it probably just doesn't make sense for this trip. Maybe on another charter when we'll be going upwind more.

As to why we liked the Voyage so much, StormJib said most of it for me. It was a sleek boat with good sailing and handling characteristics. It also seemed more robust than the Lagoons and FPs that we've sailed with less creaking and groaning while underway and at anchor/moored. If I was buying a boat to cruise with I would strongly consider a Voyage 480. I wish they were more common in charter fleets outside of the BVIs.

Thanks again!

Matt