My feeling is that, like most every other restaurant on the island, they have a hard time keeping staff, particularly a cook. We went there in June this year. They were open in the restaurant until something like 10 pm, even though they basically had almost no business after dark. That would be a very long day for a chef, since they are open for breakfast, and according to the bartender, there was just one person working as a chef. We wanted something light one day and so decided to try it. Although I have never met her, so I don't know for sure, I think our server was Nicole, as our printed ticket said Nicole. She was nice enough, no issues there. Eric ordered a Caesar salad with I think it was chicken. The salad was pleasant enough in taste but under no stretch of reality was the dressing Caesar. It almost tasted like a combination of a bottled ranch and something else. I ordered chicken fingers, which came with fries, a good amount of them, unlike a previous report of just a couple fries on the plate. The chicken fingers tasted ok, no complaint there, but the trouble was that they were served with NO dipping sauce of any nature. I asked the waitress for some and she said she could get me ketchup. Uhmn, no. I asked about honey mustard and she said no. I thought to myself "you can't make honey mustard sauce? Let me walk a hundred feet down the beach to my unit at Beachside Villas, and get my honey and my mustard out of the fridge and show you how to make it".. I have since concluded that there wasn't a chef even on duty that day, just someone who knew how to flip a burger.

So my conclusion is that they have a hard time keeping staff and that explains the sometimes wildly different views of the place. Sometimes the food may be good and the service good and sometimes not. But because the location is so unusual for the Dutch side, that even when it's not so good, that people put up with it because of the beautiful location and the fact that it's not crowded.

Carol Hill