[color:blue] Cabs, Planes, Airports and Rental Cars </font color=blue><br><br>I could see that the middle seat was taken when i got to row 5. There's first class, a partition, the first row of coach class and the next row is row 5. I had deliberately booked a window seat and up until three days before departure, the middle seat remained unsold. In the gate waiting room they announced the flight was over sold. $400 for a voluntary bump from the Wednesday October 16th, 8am non-stop America West flight from Boston to Vegas, in exchange for taking a 9:30am flight, with a connection in Phoenix. I pretty much ignored the announcement and it didn't register in my mind that oversold meant no empty seats. But, the second best thing happend. Two nice ladies that were occupying the aisle and middle seats were smiling pleasantly while letting me in to the window seat. It looked like a good flight.<br><br>$31 for a seven mile cab ride to the airport for the $240 flight. Airport Duncan Donut for two medium bottles of water and coffee for $3.80, inflight Harrison Ford submarine movie $5, and three beers over a five hour in air time flight for $4 apiece. No food service, brought a bologna sandwich.<br><br>Check-in and security at logan airport (BOS) in Boston was so fast i can't remember doing it and the flight was only fifteen minutes late departing, despite the overbooking. <br><br>On the December trip to Vegas the flight was turbulence with smooth spells every once in awhile. If they had food service they wouldn't have been able to serve it. This flight was perfect, <br><br>It seems like a three and a half hour flight to Vegas. The great panorama of the Rockies, Canyonlands, The Colorado River and white ribbons of wake from the boats across the dark blue glass expanse of lake mead. It makes the last hour and a half a serious pleasure. <br><br>McCarran was crowded, luggage took the usual expected time to show up and the Dollar Rent-A-Car shuttles ran one after the other, no waiting time.<br><br>I had a full size car, an Intrepid, for $159 a week including tax, using the famous "DESTC" code. The car was clean and ran well, no problems at pick up or drop off.<br><br>The flight and airport experience from Vegas back to Boston on Wednesday October 23rd was as easy as the trip out. I checked the two carry ons at curbside after getting off the Dollar shuttle. The people at security seemed glad to see someone coming, so they'd have something to do. If it wasn't for the need to empty your pockets at security, i wouldn't have had to even slow down.<br><br>Two beers at $4.60 apiece at the gate area bar, two medium bottles of water and a blueberry muffin at the store next to the bar for $8 (that's right, eight) <br><br>I Left the bar and walked to the gate. The plane was already boarding and i walked right on. Row 15 this time, window seat, score! middle seat was open. <br><br>The flight back was excellent and left five minutes early. The movie bad!, i get the head set for the radio anyway. Three beers, the blueberry muffin, bottled water and another $31 seven mile cab ride ended another great trip to Vegas<br>